13 Dec 2011

PRAZZER- WHAT WILL YOU DO IF YOU LOST YOUR HAMMY !





A Lost Hammy!
Don't lose hope yet! Here are some different techniques I've heard of to use if your hamster gets lost--
Try putting food in the cage and leave it with a door/hole open near where you think the hamster is hiding. During the night the hungry hammy might return to its cage.
Spread some sunflower seeds in each room, counting the number you leave in each room, and then shut all the doors. (Do this at night before you go to bed) The next morning you will easily be able to tell which room your hamster is in, so this will hopefully narrow down your search. Once you know which room your hamster is in, make sure you keep that door closed. You can then use of the previously mentioned methods to recapture your hamster.

Make a ramp with a piece of wood up to a bucket in which you have put some food. Then, make a little trail of food on the floor, up the piece of wood, and finally put enough food in the bucket so your hamster will jump on in, when he/she discover this treasure. But make sure the bucket is tall enough so your hamster can't climb out the side and escape again. Or maybe you could put butter on the sides of the bucket like suggested in the next tactic.
Polar suggests: First place butter on the inside sides of an old jar. Next, place peanut butter on the bottom on the jar. Then stack books up in a /\ shape. Last place the jar in the middle of the /\.
D. Harkins says: I had a hammy that got away in the house too. I would set food out and TRY to stay awake to see him. 3 nights went by and the food would be gone and I would end up asleep. Then I had an idea that worked! I took a carrot stick and laid it on the floor. I tied a long string with bells onto the carrot. I also had a 2x4 laying on the floor so when he took the carrot the bells would hit the wood and make a noise. That night I heard the bells and found out where he was hiding because of the long string. It sounds nutty but it worked!
Robyn says: I have two hamsters and every once in a while they escape. This is what I do. I pour their hamster mix on the floor in a pile. Then I make a make a circle of flour around the pile. Finally I follow the little paw prints right to my hamster.
Another very simple way is turn off all noises like the T.V or fan and stand very still and you might hear your hamster moving around.

No comments:

Post a Comment